Other than our President Mila, we have no full time staff, so when you volunteer at the Pet Mondo, you are joining a family of enthusiasts committed to providing love and support for the homeless pets and cats and dogs in our care. As a volunteer, you’ll be rewarded for your efforts through recognition events and awards—and best of all, you’ll be helping homeless pets receive the loving care and second chances for happiness they deserve.
MAIN VOLUNTEER TASKS
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- All volunteers must complete our 2 hour training session.
- Volunteers must read and comprehend detailed policy and protocol information and apply relevant Pet Mondo procedures.
- Human interaction is a requirement of all volunteer roles. Volunteers must always communicate professionally.
- Volunteers must understand and fulfill all responsibilities of their role independently.
- Some volunteer roles require volunteers: to stand, and/or walk for up to two hours; lift and carry up to 10 kg; and speak to customers, partners and other volunteers.
- Pet Mondo requires at least three months commitment to volunteering.
- Get in touch with our representatives – fill out our contact form or reach us via our social media pages.
- Conduct an interview with our representatives – to learn more about your preferences and our volunteer needs.
- Receive approval by email within 2 weeks.
NOTE: If you do not receive an approval mail by two weeks after registration, it means we could not approve you based on results of background screening.
- Once you receive your approval e-mail, follow the instructions to schedule your training session.
- Complete 2 hour training session and you’re ready to roll!
- You may start your volunteering career in Pet Mondo after all of the above steps are completed.